Tree House Cabane
- Sleeps 5 (max 5 adults, 4 children)
- Editor's Pick
- Cooking facilities
- Beds Provided
- Private Bathroom
- Bed Linen Not Included
- Well-equipped cabin accommodation with kitchen and en-suite bathroom
- A large terrace offers space to dine alfresco and enjoy the views
- Occupies a prime location on an eco-friendly campsite with plenty of facilities
The Owner Says
Relive your childhood memories in this amazing tree house, with breath taking views of the Pyrenees.Located at the edge of the woods, with its extraordinary views it is a truly peaceful getaway.
The tree house includes:
- A fully equipped kitchen area
- A bathroom and toilet
- One separate bedroom with a double bed, and in the main living area some bunk beds and another single bed.
Blankets and pillows are provided, but please bring your own sheets or rent these by ticking the optional extra when booking.
You will be able to gaze out over those exceptional views from the privacy of your own large terrace, with picnic table and space to unwind, relax and enjoy your holiday. You can also enjoy the nature trail around the campsite and discover the wild orchids which adorn this beautiful landscape, together with the bird reserve at nearby Lake Montbel, or admire the plethora of butterflies which flutter around this 10.5-hectare site.
The region which surrounds Camping La Serre has so much to offer and you're sure to find something for everyone:
- Carcassonne the UNESCO medieval city with its 3 km of ramparts is definitely worth a visit, especially when the Knights parade!
- Outdoorsy adrenaline folk will love the wealth of activities from canoeing and rafting, to canyonning and karting to tree top assault courses!
- The caves of Lombrives are the largest in Europe, enjoy your visit aboard a little train, as you discover these wondrous caves.
- Chateau de Montsegur– the remains of this ancient fortress are perched on top of a craggy rock like an eagle's nest, full of history, and worth a visit for the views alone!
Our Best Price Guarantee
We guarantee our prices at Glampingly are the same, or lower, than booking elsewhere. If not, tell us, and we’ll match it or beat it. Click here to read the full terms
Features & FacilitiesHuge pitches, protected by trees with shady and non-shady options, swimming pool, washing machine (€5), large children’s play area, 4 clean and decent lavatory and shower blocks (free), nature reserve .
Bikes can be arranged through the site, or you can make a call to Vélomondo (0033 631 94 24 91), who deliver bikes and can advise on routes. Adults and kids alike will love the Parc de la Préhistoire (0033 561 05 10 10) in Tarascon, which has outdoor installations showing how caves are formed by water flowing over rock, examples of the types of shelters used in Magdalenian times, and replicas and photos of drawings and paintings found in other caves. There’s also a restaurant and picnic area. If you enjoyed La Serre’s eco-museum, the Forges de Pyrène (0033 534 09 30 60) in Montgailhard comprises several different areas in a pretty park that’s set in some beautiful scenery. There are exhibitions on sabot-making, and horn-comb manufacture, plus an old forge and bakery. The 10th-century Château de Foix (0033 534 09 83 83) is a one of the key Cathar sights located near the town of Foix, but castle-lovers really shouldn't miss the formidable Château de Montségur, which has been listed as a monument historique by the French Ministry of Culture since 1862.
Food & Drink
The site sells fresh baguettes, croissants, and coffee in the morning, as well as excellent bio-wines from local producer Coteaux d’Engraviès (0033 561 68 68 68). There are local food- and wine-tastings once a week on site during July
and August. In the tiny town of Léran you’ll find a very nice British-run bistro called Le Rendezvous (0033 951 42 47 91) which has good lunches and evening meals as well as free Wi-Fi access and regular music nights. Mirepoix has several decent restaurants, the best perhaps being Le Comptoir Gourmand (0033 561 68 19 19), whose elegant meals are made from regional produce.