Sweet Wood & Canvas Tent
- Sleeps 5 (max 5 adults, 4 children)
- Cooking facilities
- Beds Provided
- Private Bathroom
- Bed Linen Not Included
- A large tent with two separate bedrooms, beds provided (linen an optional extra)
- Self-contained glamping with a fully-equipped kitchenette, shower and toilet
- Pitched on a large site with a wealth of facilities just a kilometre from the nearest sandy beach
The Owner Says
With a living area that opens onto a large wooden terrace, the Sweet Wood & Canvas Tent offers all the necessary comfort for camping and a layout that has been designed to ensure you have great holidays.
Features & FacilitiesThere's a heated swimming pool and paddling pool and surrounding wooden decking with a snack bar and pizza restaurant during peak season. A central lodge with internet and free Wi-Fi, a playground, boules pitch, table tennis, table football, volley ball court and indoor board games. 'Camper's corner' shop for any essentials you've forgotten, a library corner and tourist information in reception. Bikes available for hire. Activities for children throughout school holidays.
ActivitiesThe campsite has partnered up with an environmentally-friendly shellfish gathering company that lead groups out picking on the local beaches. Tours of the fish auction and a seaweed tasting discovery session are also available. The local beaches – Petite Plage and Gatseau Plage – are both within easy cycling range and are relatively well sign posted from the campsite. It's a nice route through the forest too – far nicer than driving. Be aware of strong currents around Gatseau Plage when swimming in summer.
Food & DrinkThe snack wagon on site serves excellent homemade pizzas, along with a host of other snacks and drinks best enjoyed out on the terrace. It's only open over the May public holidays and through July and August. Outside of those times there are still plenty of great eateries in the nearby harbour towns – the best spots to go for fresh seafood.
• From Nantes: take the A83, then take the exit for La Rochelle, and follow signs for Marans / La Rochelle / Rochefort / Ile d’Oléron. Take the road to St-Trojan-les-bains then follow the signs for Huttopia
• From Paris: take the A10 motorway, then take the exit for La Rochelle / Rochefort, and follow signs for Surgères / Rochefort / Ile d’Oléron. Take the road to St-Trojan-les-bains and follow signs for Huttopia.
La Rochelle TGV train station (70km)
Nearest airport: Clermont Ferrand Auvergne (10km)