The Shepherd's Hut
Hickling Campsite, Heath Road, Hickling, Norfolk NR12 0AX
- Sleeps 4 (max 4 adults, 5 children)
- Cooking facilities
- Beds Provided
- Pet Friendly
- Bed Linen Not Included
- Featuring French windows and an ingenious dining area-cum-comfy single bed conversion
- One of three shepherds' huts occupying a peaceful pocket of the spacious site
- Situated on the edge of the Norfolk Broads National Park, with easy access by bike or foot
Book camping accommodation at Hickling Campsite
This information was supplied by Hickling Campsite
- Stay for one night, or two weeks, the choice is all yours!
- Fully equipped kitchen, including pots, pans, crockery and cutlery
- Braziers for your campfire, cooking, with plenty of wood available to purchase
- Table and chairs for star gazing and barbeque duty for outside the pod
- All you will need to bring is your own bedding, including pillows, duvet/sleeping bags, towels and a sense of adventure. Mattresses are provided.
- Peace and quiet
- Toilets and showers, free to use, with hot water andno annoying push-button taps
- Outdoor washing up sinks
- Rubbish bins for recycling and general waste
- Numerous cycle and footpaths
- Great pubs within walking distance
‘My brother Isaac and I decided to try our hands at building our very own Shepherd’s hut! We had so much fun making it, we decided to build two more!’ Tom explains.
Isaac, who is only 19-years-old built the Pod single-handed! Unlike the huts, the pod is the only place at Hickling Campsite where you will find plug sockets and electric lights! So, if you are a camper who prefers a few more mod-cons from your glamping experience, the pod is where you need to be!
All the interiors have been carefully selected so that they are unique and bespoke to each individual hut. You will never stay in a Shepherd’s Hut that has been more carefully thought out than ours! We have the Duck hut (Jo’s personal favourite), the Stag hut and the Owl hut and each hut’s interior has its own individual style, lovingly handmade by Norfolk based seamstress Amy from Buttonpearl Crafts. ‘We loved seeing the huts come together with the furnishings we chose!!’ adds Jo.
Tom and Jo hope you enjoy the huts as much as they did putting them together!
Glamping Site Facilities
4 showers, 4 toilets, 2 wash up sinks, water taps, recycling bins and a freezer for ice-packs. Campfires are permitted in the firepits provided, using our locally sourced firewood that is available to buy onsite.