Bell Tent 1 HAWTHORN (Platform and porch)
- A five-metre bell tent with beds for up to six people
- Barbecue and picnic bench provided
- Great for active families with an Outdoor Education Centre next door
The Owner Says
Bell tent 1 - Hawthorn is pitched on its own wooden platform, just off the main camping field, under the lull of the Lyme tree avenue and has the luxury of a zipped porch area for storing boots, sun hats and deckchairs!
Our beautifully furnished bell tents are perfect for a family getaway with out the hassle of pitching! Complete with a picnic bench, charcoal BBQ, fairy lights and futons beds. Each bell tents sleeps up to a family of six or a maximum of four adults.
Perfect for families, each tent has two double futons and two fab fold-out mattress beds. Or, for those looking for a little bit of peace and quiet, why not come and stay for a nice chilled out weekend with your partner and enjoy a few nights under canvas?
The tents are fully carpeted with coir matting and have zipped windows at the base for peeking out at the views.
HAWTHORN is pitched adjecent to our play area and is the first in a row with 2 other Bell Tents, BRAMBLE and HAZEL. It countains 1 double futon, 2 x single futons and 2 foam floor beds We do not allow others to camp in this area, if you have friends joining you they can camp very close by, just across the acces track in the main field
Things you need to know
- Sleeps up to six people - (a combination of up to four adults and children under 16 - six persons or max of four adults sharing),
- Fully-carpeted with coir matting and rugs,
- Wooden picnic table provided for al fresco dining
- BBQ provided (charcoal sold separately)
- Vintage & retro furnishings, soft, solar powered fairy lights and bunting for truly boutique camping
- Bedding not provided. Please bring your own along with any cooking stuff and crockery you need
- Fire pits available to rent for just £3 per night
- Each tent comes with one parking space in our car park – additional spaces charged at £5.50 per day
- Check in is from 2-7.30pm, check out by 11am - please check booking info for full details.
Our Coronavirus Booking Guarantee
Book with complete confidence at Whitlingham Broad Campsite with the Glampingly Coronavirus Booking Guarantee. We guarantee the following clear policy for your booking:
- A low deposit of 30% to secure your booking
- Balance not due until 30 days before your holiday, in case of late changes to Coronavirus guidance
- Complete flexibility to move bookings up to the end of 2021 in the event of Coronavirus restrictions
- In the event of a lack of 2021 availability, switch your dates to 2022
- Due to low deposit and late balance payment, no refunds are offered
Features & Facilities
Seperate male/female washblocks with four toilets (three and urinals in the mens), four showers and four basins apiece, plus two family washrooms (private toilet, shower and basin with lots of room for changing), one of which is fully accessible. Bell tents come with firepits for use. Campfires are allowed at all other pitches in raised firepit only – these are available to hire if required. Bell tents sleep up to 6 people and include: soft furnishings and fairy lights. The Whitlingham yurt includes: log burner, beds, sort furnishings, a gas BBQ and a hammock. The shepherd's hut includes: solar lighting, bedding, log burning stoves, a BBQ and a firepit.
The neighbouring Outdoor Education Centre offers plenty of broad-based aquatic activities including canoeing, dragon boat hire, sailing, windsurfing. The site is right on the Wherryman's Man and national Cycle Route One path. Norwich has attractions galore as well plenty of places to eat and drink.
Food & Drink
There’s a café inside the Whitlingham Broad Visitor Centre (01603 617332) and there’s a good vegan restaurant, River Green Café (01603 622448), at the entrance to Whitlingham Lane. Norwich is a treasure trove for small bars and cafés. We particularly recommend Frank’s Bar (01603 618902) for relaxed Mediterranean-accented dining, Wild Thyme (01603 765562) for vegetarian food and St Andrews Brew House (01603 305995) for a pint.
Site ReviewsAdd Your Review
Be the first to leave a review!
From A47 (Norwich Southern Bypass) exit signposted Norwich, Lowestoft, Trowse A146. At traffic lights at bottom of slip road turn left and at the end of dual carriageway get in the right hand lane. From here on in follow brown signs to Ski Club and Country Park - this will mean a right turn at the roundabout, over the rail bridge and a left into Whitlingham Lane. Come down into the country park and we are on the right just after the Visitor centre
If you are following Sat Nav postcode is NR14 8TR - Whiltingham Lane TROWSE
Norwich train station is approx 35 mins walk (2.5 miles away). Book a ticket in advance and you can travel from London for as little at £8.