'Lola' Shepherds hut
- Fully insulated with a wood-burning stove (logs provided) for year-round glamping
- Double bed with bedding provided
- Sheltered outdoor cooking area including a BBQ/firepit
The Owner Says
Our Shepherds hut was lovingly handcrafted right here in Norfolk by our friends at the English Shepherds Hut Company, It are based on a traditional Shepherds hut design and comes furnished with beautiful boutique fittings.
The Shepherds hut 'Lola' is just waiting for you to move in, bedding is provided, with 1 full size single and 1 full size double bed . Lola can comfortably accommodate 3 people and is the perfect romantic or family retreat. Our Shepherds Hut is cool in the summer and cosy in the winter, with a log burning stove and sheeps wool insulation - The hut is available to book all year round.
Things you need to know:
- This hut features one double and one single bed
- The Hut has a wood-burning stove for warming tea and toes, are fully insulated and have double glazed windows
- Plenty of outside space, with a picnic bench for cooking and dining
- A BBQ/fire pit for is provided outdoor cooking, marshmallow toasting and, of course, huddling around
- Double doors, for letting the outside in. Fully lockable for extra security
- the hut has no electricity, but does have low level solar lighting inside
- The beds are fully made up with duvets, pillows and throws
- Included is kindling & one basket of firewood for you to use on the log burner or outside (BBQ charcoal available from reception if required)
- Need more space? There's enough space for you to pitch a tent also (camping fees apply)
- Check in is from 2pm - 7.30pm, check out by 10.30am - check your booking info and try to arrive in daylight to see your hut in its full splendor
- There is 1 car parking permit for our car park included. Additional spaces are charged at £5.50 per day.
- Lola is also dog friendly - dogs charged at £3.50 per night, well behaved pooches only (max 1 dog or 2 very small dogs)
What you need to bring: Crockery, utensils and other cooking essentials, A gas camping stove if you don't want to use the Gas BBQ (outside use only), Your weekend kit for adventuring- sturdy shoes, sunglasses and a good book!
Features & Facilities
Our loos are modern and spacious and boast seperate male/female washblocks with four toilets (three and urinals in the mens), four showers and four basins apiece, plus two family washrooms (private toilet, shower and basin with lots of room for changing), one of which is fully accessible.
We have a small adventure play park with balance beams cargo net and a whizzy side. The site is surrounded by established woodland and in a country park setting with lots to explore in all seasons. The country park has a cafe, watersports centre and a dry ski slope just a stones throw from site.
Campfires are welcome in raised pits at all pitches. during the summer months we host a variety of pop up caterers including wood fired pizza and churros. There is a great calender of events ran by local buisnesses within the country park and city for you to enjoy
We are surronded by 80 acres of gorgeous country park within the Coleman estate - there are walking trails a plenty - we are in the Bodicca way and Wherryman's Man way footpaths plus national Cycle Route One path. Whitlingham Adventure just a 3 minute walk away from site offers plenty of broad-based aquatic activities including canoeing, dragon boat hire, sailing, windsurfing. You can hire hand made canoes from Thorpe Island boats and paddle through the city, Self drive boats from Bishy barnebees, paddles boards from Norwich Paddleboard hire for water based activities. Borrow a Beryl bike from the park or head out on foot.
The Broads will be your back garden for your stay with us - you can hit the beach within 20 minutes, explore mashes and nature reserves or check out the tourist attractions such as BeWILDerwood, Wroxham, Or Great Yarmouth for seaside fun and world class circus. A must see is a trip to Winterton on Sea or Sea Palling so see our seal colonys
Norwich has attractions galore as well plenty of places to eat and drink. A vibrant and arty city - you can wander the lanes for independent shopping, catch an arthouse movie or theatre production akin to the west end, drink a rooftop cocktail or storm the castle for your fill of local history - birdwatches may be intrested to see the resident Pergrine Falcon in the catherdral tower
Food & Drink
There’s a café inside the Whitlingham Broad Visitor Centre (01603 617332) and there’s a good vegan restaurant, River Green Café (01603 622448), at the entrance to Whitlingham Lane. Norwich is a treasure trove for small bars and cafés. We particularly recommend Frank’s Bar (01603 618902) for relaxed Mediterranean-accented dining, Wild Thyme (01603 765562) for vegetarian food and St Andrews Brew House (01603 305995) for a pint.
Site ReviewsAdd Your Review
Be the first to leave a review!
From A47 (Norwich Southern Bypass) exit signposted Norwich, Lowestoft, Trowse A146. At traffic lights at bottom of slip road turn left and at the end of dual carriageway get in the right hand lane. From here on in follow brown signs to Ski Club and Country Park - this will mean a right turn at the roundabout, over the rail bridge and a left into Whitlingham Lane. Come down into the country park and we are on the right just after the Visitor centre
If you are following Sat Nav postcode is NR14 8TR - Whiltingham Lane TROWSE
Norwich train station is approx 35 mins walk (2.5 miles away). Book a ticket in advance and you can travel from London for as little at £8.