The Whitlingham Yurt
- Sleeps 6 (max 4 adults, 4 children)
- Cooking facilities
- Beds Provided
- Bed Linen Not Included
- A six-metre fully furnished yurt with beds and bed linen provided
- A large deck with outdoor seating has views of the surrounding 80-acre country park
- Wood-burning stove inside, fire pit and gas BBQ outside
The Owner Says
Our beautiful handcrafted yurt, is an impressive 22 foot and sits at the top of our site, with gorgeous views. It sleeps a family of up to six people (max four adults and children), or four adults in comfort. Furnished with double beds and ethnic furnishings and complete with solar lighting, a fire pit, gas BBQ a deck area for dining al fresco and even a hammock for snoozing.
Our yurt also comes with an outside fire pit and a gas bbq with an additional single side burner for that essential morning cuppa! The Whilingham yurt was specially handmade for us right here in the Broads and has been crafted, furnished and finished with love to make sure that it is a magical experience for everyone who stays.
Things you need to know:
- Beautiful wooden double bed with bedding provided.
- Two, solid wood double futons with super plush mattresses - please bring your own bedding.
- Wood burning stove inside, firepit outside.
- Price includes kindling & one basket of firewood, and gas for the BBQ.
- Gas BBQ with side burner for big cookups and making a brew.
- Large decked area with table and chairs.
- Warm and twinkly solar lighting
- Check in is normally from 2pm - 7.30pm, check out by 11am - please check booking info.
- Our yurt comes with 1 car parking space situated immediately behind the yurt. Additional spaces are charged at £5.50 per day.
- Please bring along your own crockery/cutlery or other cooking equipment as this is not provided.
- Bring your pooch along, add at the extras stage of booking £3.50 (max 1 or 2 very small dogs)
- Our yurt is super comfy but please remember this is still a canvas structure! You'll need to bring a torch for the night, sleeping stuff if there's more than 2 people, and plates, cutlery etc.
- A water carrier is available on request and the nearest water point is approximately 1 minutes walk away, just down the field, near the loos and shower block.
- The Yurt provides all the good bits of camping with added luxury, and a magical stay under the stars.
Features & Facilities
Seperate male/female washblocks with four toilets (three and urinals in the mens), four showers and four basins apiece, plus two family washrooms (private toilet, shower and basin with lots of room for changing), one of which is fully accessible. Bell tents come with firepits for use. Campfires are allowed at all other pitches in raised firepit only – these are available to hire if required. Bell tents sleep up to 6 people and include: soft furnishings and fairy lights. The Whitlingham yurt includes: log burner, beds, sort furnishings, a gas BBQ and a hammock. The shepherd's hut includes: solar lighting, bedding, log burning stoves, a BBQ and a firepit.
The neighbouring Outdoor Education Centre offers plenty of broad-based aquatic activities including canoeing, dragon boat hire, sailing, windsurfing. The site is right on the Wherryman's Man and national Cycle Route One path. Norwich has attractions galore as well plenty of places to eat and drink.
Food & Drink
There’s a café inside the Whitlingham Broad Visitor Centre (01603 617332) and there’s a good vegan restaurant, River Green Café (01603 622448), at the entrance to Whitlingham Lane. Norwich is a treasure trove for small bars and cafés. We particularly recommend Frank’s Bar (01603 618902) for relaxed Mediterranean-accented dining, Wild Thyme (01603 765562) for vegetarian food and St Andrews Brew House (01603 305995) for a pint.
From A47 (Norwich Southern Bypass) exit signposted Norwich, Lowestoft, Trowse A146. At traffic lights at bottom of slip road turn left and at the end of dual carriageway get in the right hand lane. From here on in follow brown signs to Ski Club and Country Park - this will mean a right turn at the roundabout, over the rail bridge and a left into Whitlingham Lane. Come down into the country park and we are on the right just after the Visitor centre
If you are following Sat Nav postcode is NR14 8TR - Whiltingham Lane TROWSE
Norwich train station is approx 35 mins walk (2.5 miles away). Book a ticket in advance and you can travel from London for as little at £8.