The Whitlingham Yurt
- A six-metre fully furnished yurt with beds and bed linen provided
- A large deck with outdoor seating has views of the surrounding 80-acre country park
- Wood-burning stove inside, fire pit and gas BBQ outside
The Owner Says
Our beautiful handcrafted yurt, is an impressive 22 foot and sits at the top of our site, with gorgeous views. It sleeps a family of up to six people (max four adults and children), or four adults in comfort. Furnished with double beds and ethnic furnishings and complete with solar lighting, a fire pit, gas BBQ a deck area for dining al fresco and even a hammock for snoozing.
Our yurt also comes with an outside fire pit and a gas bbq with an additional single side burner for that essential morning cuppa! The Whilingham yurt was specially handmade for us right here in the Broads and has been crafted, furnished and finished with love to make sure that it is a magical experience for everyone who stays.
Things you need to know:
- Beautiful wooden double bed with bedding provided.
- Two, solid wood double futons with super plush mattresses - please bring your own bedding.
- Wood burning stove inside, firepit outside.
- Price includes kindling & one basket of firewood, and gas for the BBQ.
- Gas BBQ with side burner for big cookups and making a brew.
- Large decked area with table and chairs.
- Warm and twinkly solar lighting
- Check in is normally from 2pm - 7.30pm, check out by 11am - please check booking info.
- Our yurt comes with 1 car parking space situated immediately behind the yurt. Additional spaces are charged at £5.50 per day.
- Please bring along your own crockery/cutlery or other cooking equipment as this is not provided.
- Bring your pooch along, add at the extras stage of booking £3.50 (max 1 or 2 very small dogs)
- Our yurt is super comfy but please remember this is still a canvas structure! You'll need to bring a torch for the night, sleeping stuff if there's more than 2 people, and plates, cutlery etc.
- A water carrier is available on request and the nearest water point is approximately 1 minutes walk away, just down the field, near the loos and shower block.
- The Yurt provides all the good bits of camping with added luxury, and a magical stay under the stars.
Features & Facilities
Our loos are modern and spacious and boast seperate male/female washblocks with four toilets (three and urinals in the mens), four showers and four basins apiece, plus two family washrooms (private toilet, shower and basin with lots of room for changing), one of which is fully accessible.
We have a small adventure play park with balance beams cargo net and a whizzy side. The site is surrounded by established woodland and in a country park setting with lots to explore in all seasons. The country park has a cafe, watersports centre and a dry ski slope just a stones throw from site.
Campfires are welcome in raised pits at all pitches. during the summer months we host a variety of pop up caterers including wood fired pizza and churros. There is a great calender of events ran by local buisnesses within the country park and city for you to enjoy
We are surronded by 80 acres of gorgeous country park within the Coleman estate - there are walking trails a plenty - we are in the Bodicca way and Wherryman's Man way footpaths plus national Cycle Route One path. Whitlingham Adventure just a 3 minute walk away from site offers plenty of broad-based aquatic activities including canoeing, dragon boat hire, sailing, windsurfing. You can hire hand made canoes from Thorpe Island boats and paddle through the city, Self drive boats from Bishy barnebees, paddles boards from Norwich Paddleboard hire for water based activities. Borrow a Beryl bike from the park or head out on foot.
The Broads will be your back garden for your stay with us - you can hit the beach within 20 minutes, explore mashes and nature reserves or check out the tourist attractions such as BeWILDerwood, Wroxham, Or Great Yarmouth for seaside fun and world class circus. A must see is a trip to Winterton on Sea or Sea Palling so see our seal colonys
Norwich has attractions galore as well plenty of places to eat and drink. A vibrant and arty city - you can wander the lanes for independent shopping, catch an arthouse movie or theatre production akin to the west end, drink a rooftop cocktail or storm the castle for your fill of local history - birdwatches may be intrested to see the resident Pergrine Falcon in the catherdral tower
Food & Drink
There’s a café inside the Whitlingham Broad Visitor Centre (01603 617332) and there’s a good vegan restaurant, River Green Café (01603 622448), at the entrance to Whitlingham Lane. Norwich is a treasure trove for small bars and cafés. We particularly recommend Frank’s Bar (01603 618902) for relaxed Mediterranean-accented dining, Wild Thyme (01603 765562) for vegetarian food and St Andrews Brew House (01603 305995) for a pint.
Site ReviewsAdd Your Review
Be the first to leave a review!
From A47 (Norwich Southern Bypass) exit signposted Norwich, Lowestoft, Trowse A146. At traffic lights at bottom of slip road turn left and at the end of dual carriageway get in the right hand lane. From here on in follow brown signs to Ski Club and Country Park - this will mean a right turn at the roundabout, over the rail bridge and a left into Whitlingham Lane. Come down into the country park and we are on the right just after the Visitor centre
If you are following Sat Nav postcode is NR14 8TR - Whiltingham Lane TROWSE
Norwich train station is approx 35 mins walk (2.5 miles away). Book a ticket in advance and you can travel from London for as little at £8.