Non-electric grass tent pitch
The Owner Says
- It is not possible to park by your tent - this is to protect the grass but also to avoid cars getting stuck. We have towed enough cars out to know this can happen after even a bit of rain!
- Campers have use of shared facilities including flushing toilets and gas powered showers, and a washing-up area.
- Pitches have no fixed size and are not marked out. You have some freedom to choose exactly where to camp - but we may ask you to pitch up in a particular area of the field and not in others.
- If you are in a group, we are happy for multiple tents to be pitched together.
- We have a limited number of pitches available in woodland - these are not always available and are not suited to all tents. Please enquire directly if you are interested.
- BBQs are available to hire (subject to availability). If you bring your own it must be raised off the ground, and ashes/embers must be taken away with you when you leave.
- Fire pits are available to hire (subject to availability). If you bring your own it must be raised off the ground, and ashes/embers must be taken away with you when you leave.
- Trailer tents not accepted, sorry
- Children must be supervised at all times by an adult and must not stray from the camping field or facilities. This is a working farm with heavy machinery, livestock, barbed wire, and some open stretches of water. We want you to have a safe and enjoyable stay.
- It's not possible to park by your tent - this is to protect the grass but also to avoid you getting stuck! The sloping approach to the field quickly becomes slippery with wet weather and traffic. Designated parking is available a short walk up the field on a level area.
- There is an additional charge for bringing an awning or pup tent, or an extra vehicle.
- Disposable BBQs are not permitted.
- Bins provided are only for general waste - please don't use them to dispose of ashes/embers or camping equipment.
- Sorry, no dogs allowed.
- For group bookings (within Government guidelines) please enquire before booking
Features & Facilities
- Currently we have three flushing toilets and one shower in a shared block. Some of our glamping units have private toilet and shower facilities - please check the individual listings for details. For our campers there is an outdoor sink for washing up, and a mains water tap
- Campfires are only allowed off the ground, so please bring a firepit or similar (alternatively you can rent a BBQ or firepit from us)
- Disposable BBQs are not allowed unfortunately due to the damage these cause to the grass
- When restrictions are lifted we plan to offer space for group bookings - please get in touch if this is of interest
The farm is situated on a hill overlooking the Aylesbury Vale and is a short walk from Rushmere Country Park (recently featured on BBC1's Countryfile). Rushmere is an ancient forest with a visitor centre and cafe (check directly re: opening times), lakes and several trails for running/hiking, mountain biking and horse riding (permits needed for horses and bikes - these are sold at the visitor centre. Rushmere hosts a Parkrun every Saturday (expected to resume on June 5th) which is a 5km run. It adjoins Stockgrove Country Park which has its own picnic area and kiosk selling hot and cold refreshments.
Also close by are Alders Farm shooting range and fishery and an 18-hole golf course with bistro (The Three Locks Golf Course).
The Grand Union Canal has miles of walkable towpaths with many pubs along the way and is about a 15 minute walk from the farm.
Food & Drink
Within one mile of the farm there are two great pubs - the Three Locks and The Old Red Lion Great Brickhill. The first is canalside and the other has a garden with expansive views over the surrounding fields. Both are walkable and serve excellent food. Slightly further away is The George in Little Brickhill - about 2.5 miles by car. This is a family-run pub with a large garden and is close to a play area. There is a butcher (T.H.E. Best Butcher) in the next village selling a wide range of locally-produced meat and other items. Hunters Farm Shop sells fruit, vegetables, gardening supplies and deli items.
Site ReviewsAdd Your Review
Be the first to leave a review!
Our closest village is Great Brickhill. We'll provide detailed driving directions after booking and also let you know of any road closures!
If arriving by train, the closest mainline stations (in order) are Leighton Buzzard, Bletchley and Milton Keynes Central. All are about 30 minutes journey time from London and a 10-20 minute cab ride away (£10-25)