The Owner Says
Love the idea of camping but hate the hassle of putting your tent up and packing it away? Want to travel light? Come and stay in one of our canvas bell tents!
These 5m tents are kitted out with recycled polypropylene matting, futon bases, real mattresses and a bottom sheet. All beds are singles. Just bring your own bedding and pillow, and anything else you need for a comfortable stay. The tents are pitched a short walk from the toilets and showers.
The tents also have an interior light and solar fairy lights outside.
Extras available with your tent are:
- BBQ hire (we provide tongs - bring your own crockery and cutlery)
- Firepit hire
- Extra charcoal and firewood
Features & Facilities
- Currently we have three flushing toilets and one shower in a shared block. Some of our glamping units have private toilet and shower facilities - please check the individual listings for details. For our campers there is an outdoor sink for washing up, and a mains water tap
- Campfires are only allowed off the ground, so please bring a firepit or similar (alternatively you can rent a BBQ or firepit from us)
- Disposable BBQs are not allowed unfortunately due to the damage these cause to the grass
- When restrictions are lifted we plan to offer space for group bookings - please get in touch if this is of interest
The farm is situated on a hill overlooking the Aylesbury Vale and is a short walk from Rushmere Country Park (recently featured on BBC1's Countryfile). Rushmere is an ancient forest with a visitor centre and cafe (check directly re: opening times), lakes and several trails for running/hiking, mountain biking and horse riding (permits needed for horses and bikes - these are sold at the visitor centre. Rushmere hosts a Parkrun every Saturday (expected to resume on June 5th) which is a 5km run. It adjoins Stockgrove Country Park which has its own picnic area and kiosk selling hot and cold refreshments.
Also close by are Alders Farm shooting range and fishery and an 18-hole golf course with bistro (The Three Locks Golf Course).
The Grand Union Canal has miles of walkable towpaths with many pubs along the way and is about a 15 minute walk from the farm.
Food & Drink
Within one mile of the farm there are two great pubs - the Three Locks and The Old Red Lion Great Brickhill. The first is canalside and the other has a garden with expansive views over the surrounding fields. Both are walkable and serve excellent food. Slightly further away is The George in Little Brickhill - about 2.5 miles by car. This is a family-run pub with a large garden and is close to a play area. There is a butcher (T.H.E. Best Butcher) in the next village selling a wide range of locally-produced meat and other items. Hunters Farm Shop sells fruit, vegetables, gardening supplies and deli items.
Site ReviewsAdd Your Review
Be the first to leave a review!
Our closest village is Great Brickhill. We'll provide detailed driving directions after booking and also let you know of any road closures!
If arriving by train, the closest mainline stations (in order) are Leighton Buzzard, Bletchley and Milton Keynes Central. All are about 30 minutes journey time from London and a 10-20 minute cab ride away (£10-25)