Morrells Wood Farm, Leighton, Shrewsbury, SY5 6RU
- Sleeps 2 (max 2 adults, 1 children)
- Cooking facilities
- Beds Provided
- Bed Linen Provided
- Towels Provided
- In room Wifi
- A well-equipped, hand-built shepherd's hut with a log burner
- Brick built BBQ and large deck for al fresco dining with views of Shropshire's famous Wrekin hill
- On a small, quiet site of shepherd's huts and holiday cottages within a working farm
Book camping accommodation at Morrells Wood Farm
This information was supplied by Morrells Wood Farm
This bespoke made Shepherd’s Hut is perfect if all you want to do is ‘Rest’, set at the opposite end of the Ram’s patch to the Shepherds Retreat within a peaceful and tranquil setting, with lovely views of the Wrekin. Inside the hut you will find a very comfortable iron framed double bed at one end and the superbly equipped kitchen facilities at the other. The Rest even has its own modern shower room in the ‘converted Pig Sty’, just a short distance, approximately 20 yards away, in the picturesque farm garden.
The Shepherds Rest and Retreat are both very spacious and well insulated huts much larger than the traditional shepherds hut (25ft x 8ft); they have lost none of the character but do ensure your stay is cosy and comfortable.
What you get in the Shepherds Rest:
- Log burning stove (wood included) in sitting area
- Combination microwave oven, slow cooker, steamer, fridge with freezer compartment
- Brick built BBQ with decking and patio furniture to dine ‘al fresco’TV
- Free WiFi
- Bed linen, towels and electricity included
- Washing Machine & tumble dryer available on request
- Off road parking for one car plus bike storage if needed
Glamping Site Facilities
Each of the 3 shepherd's huts has its own private shower and toilet room and all 3 have TV and DVD players, wood burning stoves, kitchen facilities and private decking and BBQ areas. All huts also access to free Wi-Fi. The cabin is away from the farm, across a couple of fields and is totally off-grid. There is no Wi-Fi here, no shower facilities and lights are solar powered. The cabin has a double bed, sofa, table and chairs, storage and a front patio with deck chairs, a BBQ area and a camp stove. There is a composting toilet.