Cosy Camping Pod
Glengyre Cottage, near Leswalt, Stranraer, Wigtownshire, Dumfries and Galloway DG9 0RG
- Sleeps 3 (max 3 adults, 2 children)
- Cooking facilities
- Beds Provided
- Bed Linen Provided
- Pet Friendly
- Simply furnished and equipped wooden cabin
- Electricity for power points and provided toaster and kettle
- The only glamping pod on this small rural site where campfires are allowed
Book camping accommodation at North Rhinns Camping
This information was supplied by North Rhinns Camping
Our camping pod is sheltered from the north by a belt of trees and faces the morning sun. A grassy area in front of the pod features a campfire pit, outdoor cooking platform and seating. Solid and secure, the insulated pod has a solid door with lock and key. It features beds, an electric heater, power points, freesat TV, electric kettle and toaster. It will comfortably sleep a couple on the 2 single beds, or campers can push them together to make a double. There is enough space for a child if you bring an airbed. Please note the camping pod is compact.
A box of crockery and cutlery and pans supplied, also a single burner camping stove for use only outside the pod. Just bring your own sleeping bags or duvet and barbeque. Or hire bedding from campsite (extra charge).
One dog permitted in the pod (please select from the extras menu). Please note, it must not be left alone in the camping pod at any time.
One night booking £40 - 2 or more nights price £38. . In low season, March and april, and mid september and october we will offer a reduction in price for single occupancy by direct booking with ourselves only.
Back-to-basics camping near Scotland’s wildly beautiful south-west coast – North Rhinns Camping is a small quiet camping field in a stunning rural location. Tent pitches are well spaced and private, according to the lie of the land and leaving bushes and trees to divide them. Small campervans accepted, under (6.3 metre), plus we have a fully insulated camping pod. Modern facilities building has hot water for shower, wash basins and washing up sinks included in price. Campfires at most pitches. Drinking water at all taps. No need for bottled water.
- We keep a strict limit on the number of people who are on the site at any one time, so at busy times we may make some pitches unavailable to make sure we are not overcrowded. Very young children (under 6 years) are restricted to certain pitches (for online bookings).
- Dogs and other pets are welcome, with considerate owners. Agressive dogs NOT welcome. We need to know the breed or type of your dog/dogs when you book, helps us to offer suitable pitches. If your dog attacks/bites anyone on the campsite you will be told to leave.
- When we are not fully booked we can be very flexible, so if our online offers do not meet your specific needs, please contact us directly by phone or by email or our website to discuss options.
- Our campsite is suited to campers who enjoy PEACE AND QUIET. Ideal for birdwatchers, cyclists, walkers, sea anglers. Bird life in abundance.
- FAMILIES WITH CHILDREN ARE ASKED TO RESPECT THE PEACE AND QUIET OF OTHER CAMPERS. Children should be supervised by their responsible adult at all times. WE DO NOT PROVIDE PLAY FACILITIES.
- Noise and nuisance. We as owners have the right to advise you to leave if you do not respect other campers, or ourselves, by making a continual noise or nuisance of yourselves.
- If you are making a booking to arrive the same day or the next day please phone or text us to let us know that you are coming, in case we have not seen our emails.
Glamping Site Facilities
Campfires allowed. 10-ish pitches and 4 hook-ups (pay-as-you-go card). Pitches have a secluded feel with 2 separate parking areas to provide vehicle free camping and preserve the grass. If you want total privacy please enquire for particular pitches. Full disabled access can be provided and the immaculate new washblock has a disabled loo. There are laundry facilities and a walk-in shower room big enough to hose down the muckiest of pups. Plug for a hairdryer. Dogs are welcome on leads. Picnic tables and fire pits provided (you can buy wood, kindling and matches).