- Comfy sleeping with a handcrafted double bed in Denver cabin and a superking bed in Tawny cabin (Tawny cabin is NOT included from November through to the end of March)
- Outdoor, undercover kitchen with hob, kettle, toaster, fridge, kitchen utensils etc.
- Outside space includes a barbecue/fire pit in the woodland garden
- (Hot Tub NOT available to book from July 2020 due to Covid 19)
- Private heated toilet and shower a short walk away
The Owner Says
This cosy woodland cabin comes complete with the following:
- Real double bed sleeps 2 = Denver Rest. To sleep 4 you will need to add on Tawny Cabin (April - November)
- Kitchenette (includes toaster, kettle, plates, cutlery & utensils)
- Outdoor, undercover kitchen (includes fridge and hob)
- BBQ / firepit
- Outdoor seating
- waterfall showers & toilets (heated) private allocation to your cabin.
- Tawny Hut sits with Denver rest and houses a Super King Bed to sleep more than 2 you will need to book this separately in the extras (April - November)
- Bedding provided (bring towels)
- Perfect for 2 couples or if you have slightly older children who want their own space but still close enough to feel safe.
- Internet is not good - some 4g coverage around the site
Denvers Rest sleeps 2 + 2 with our Tawny Hut next door
Set on the edge of a 250 acre Norfolk Wildlife Trust Site, Happy Valley sits protected from the elements by the beautiful fir forest. We have some incredible mature oaks, weeping willow, weeping beech and firs. There are areas throughout the site of open spaces or more dense woodland.
Happy Valley houses a variety of natures greats such as black darter dragon fly, birds of prey, deer, pheasants, butterfly as plenty, rare long eared bats, Nightjar and bees. A heron often sits on the pond eyeing up its dinner. Grimston Warren and Roydon Common sit on the edge of Grimston which are beautiful Heathland Restoration projects house a rich mosaic of habitats.
You can access 250 acres of woodland to the rear of the site named Congham Heath. This is a beautiful walk/bike ride of undulating ground.
Our Coronavirus Booking Guarantee
Book with complete confidence at Happy Valley Norfolk with the Glampingly Coronavirus Booking Guarantee. We guarantee the following clear policy for your booking:
- A low deposit of 30% to secure your booking
- Balance due 30 days before your holiday
- Complete flexibility to move bookings up to the end of 2021 in the event of Coronavirus restrictions
- Due to the flexibility provided we are unable to offer refunds
- This guarantee supersedes any other policies
Features & FacilitiesShepherd's huts include a fitted double bed, storage, kitchenette with toaster, kettle, gas hob, utensils, crockery and cutlery, and a log burner (see website for full furnishing details). All set in 8 acres of woodland. Extra bell tents can be hired alongside shepherd's huts if more occupancy is needed. Newly refurbished shower and toilet block with proper flushing loos. Firepits available. Therapies such as facials, massages and reflexology are also available when the campsite's local practitioner in the next village is around. Toad Hall houses a private hot tub. The Woodpecker is also newly en-suite.
Activities250-acre Congham Heath is practically this campsite's back garden. Footpaths run through the common (and cycle trails) and just down the road (a short stroll) there is also Grimston Warren and Roydon Common, beautiful heathland restoration projects that house a mosaic of habitats and wildlife. Thread them together in a pleasant walk, stopping off in Grimston village for a drink (see food & drink). If you do fancy using the car, it's a 20–30-minute drive to the beaches of the north Norfolk coast. Stop off on the way at the Queen's Sandringham Estate (01485 545400; 10 minute's from the campsite).
Food & DrinkThe Three Horse Shoes in Grimston is the nearest pub, a proper old establishment with local Norfolk ales, but there are a host of other options within easy reach. Enjoy the duck ponds in Great Massingham with a pint out the front of The Dabbling Duck (01485 520827) or feast on the hearty meals at The Rose & Crown (01485 521807) in Little Massingham. There are two more spots in Roydon – The Anvill Inn (01485 600625) and The Three Horseshoes (01485 600666) – which are worth an afternoon stop when walking the local heaths. Welcome hampers and pre-organised food options are also available at the campsite by request.
Site ReviewsAdd Your Review
Be the first to leave a review!
There is a bus route through Grimston and Massingham and the site owners can arrange pick ups from there. Taxi's available from Kings Lynn train station (0845 748 4950; 15 minute's away). There is a very good line to London Kings Cross from there.