- Sleeps 4 (max 2 adults, 3 children)
- Cooking facilities
- Beds Provided
- Bed Linen Provided
- In room Wifi
- Comfy sleeping with a handcrafted double bed in one cabin and a superking bed in the other cabin. (bedding an optional extra)
- Outdoor, undercover kitchen with hob, kettle, toaster, fridge, kitchen utensils etc.
- Outside space includes a barbecue and fire pit in the woodland garden
- One of four cabins on this glamping-only site with an on-site hot tub
The Owner Says
This cosy woodland cabin comes complete with the following:
- Real double bed
- Kitchenette (includes toaster, kettle, plates, cutlery & utensils)
- Outdoor, undercover kitchen (includes fridge and hob)
- BBQ & firepit
- Outdoor seating
- Newly renovated waterfall showers & toilets (heated) private allocation off peak
- Tawny Hut sits with Denver rest and houses a Super King Bed to sleep more than 2 you will need to book this separately in the extras
- You will need to bring Towels - Bedding can be added as an extra - each cabin comes with 2 covered pillows and a top sheet.
- Wood fired Hot Tub available to book on site
- Perfect for 2 couples or if you have slightly older children who want their own space but still close enough to feel safe.
Denvers Rest sleeps 2 + 2 with our Tawny Hut next door
Set on the edge of a 250 acre Norfolk Wildlife Trust Site, Happy Valley sits protected from the elements by the beautiful fir forest. We have some incredible mature oaks, weeping willow, weeping beech and firs. There are areas throughout the site of open spaces or more dense woodland.
Happy Valley houses a variety of natures greats such as black darter dragon fly, birds of prey, deer, pheasants, butterfly as plenty, rare long eared bats, Nightjar and bees. A heron often sits on the pond eyeing up its dinner. Grimston Warren and Roydon Common sit on the edge of Grimston which are beautiful Heathland Restoration projects house a rich mosaic of habitats.
You can access 250 acres of woodland to the rear of the site named Congham Heath. This is a beautiful walk/bike ride of undulating ground.
Features & FacilitiesShepherd's huts include a fitted double bed, storage, kitchenette with toaster, kettle, gas hob, utensils, crockery and cutlery, and a log burner (see website for full furnishing details). All set in 8 acres of woodland. Extra bell tents can be hired alongside shepherd's huts if more occupancy is needed. Newly refurbished shower and toilet block with proper flushing loos. Firepits available. Add a private locked bathroom for an extra £10. Welcome hampers available. Bikes for hire (but helmets not included). Therapies such as facials, massages and reflexology are also available when the campsite's local practitioner in the next village is around.
Activities250-acre Congham Heath is practically this campsite's back garden. Footpaths run through the common (and cycle trails) and just down the road (a short stroll) there is also Grimston Warren and Roydon Common, beautiful heathland restoration projects that house a mosaic of habitats and wildlife. Thread them together in a pleasant walk, stopping off in Grimston village for a drink (see food & drink). If you do fancy using the car, it's a 20–30-minute drive to the beaches of the north Norfolk coast. Stop off on the way at the Queen's Sandringham Estate (01485 545400; 10 minute's from the campsite).
Food & DrinkThe Old Bell (01485 601156; 1¼ mile) in Grimston is the nearest pub, a proper old establishment with local Norfolk ales, but there are a host of other options within easy reach. Enjoy the duck ponds in Great Massingham with a pint out the front of The Dabbling Duck (01485 520827) or feast on the hearty meals at The Rose & Crown (01485 521807) in Little Massingham. There are two more spots in Roydon – The Anvill Inn (01485 600625) and The Three Horseshoes (01485 600666) – which are worth an afternoon stop when walking the local heaths. Welcome hampers and pre-organised food options are also available at the campsite by request.
There is a bus route through Grimston and Massingham and the site owners can arrange pick ups from there. Taxi's available from Kings Lynn train station (0845 748 4950; 15 minute's away). There is a very good line to London Kings Cross from there.