King Bell Tent
- Sleeps 4 (max 4 adults, 3 children)
- Cooking facilities
- Beds Provided
- Bed Linen Provided
- A six-metre bell tent with real king sized bed and 2 small children beds
- Campfires allowed with barbecue and fire pit provided
- A under canvas experience with lots of home comforts
- Private Toilet/Shower room a short walk away
The Owner Says
This cosy woodland bell tent sleeps 2 adults and 2 children:
- Real King Size bed
- 2 x children single camping mattress beds
- Camping plates, cups, bowls, cutlery etc
- Fire Pit
- Outdoor seating
- Private shower/toilet a short walk away
- The Woodfired Hot tub is usually available to book throughout your stay but now has restrictions due to Covid 19 and therefore may not be available
Happy Valley houses a variety of natures greats such as black darter dragon fly, birds of prey, deer, pheasants, butterfly as plenty, rare long eared bats, Nightjar and bees. A heron often sits on the pond eye up its dinner. Grimston Warren and Roydon Common sit on the edge of Grimston which are beautiful Heathland Restoration projects house a rich mosaic of habitats.
You can access 250 acres of woodland to the rear of the site named Congham Heath. This is a beautiful walk/bike ride of undulating ground (bring your bikes or hire one from us (from July – helmets not included).
Our Coronavirus Booking Guarantee
Book with complete confidence at Happy Valley Norfolk with the Glampingly Coronavirus Booking Guarantee. We guarantee the following clear policy for your booking:
- A low deposit of 20% to secure your booking
- Balance due 10 days before your holiday
- Complete flexibility to move bookings for up to 18 months in the event of Coronavirus restrictions
- Due to the flexibility provided we are unable to offer refunds
- This guarantee supersedes any other policies
Features & FacilitiesShepherd's huts include a fitted double bed, storage, kitchenette with toaster, kettle, gas hob, utensils, crockery and cutlery, and a log burner (see website for full furnishing details). All set in 8 acres of woodland. Extra bell tents can be hired alongside shepherd's huts if more occupancy is needed. Newly refurbished shower and toilet block with proper flushing loos. Firepits available. Therapies such as facials, massages and reflexology are also available when the campsite's local practitioner in the next village is around. Toad Hall houses a private hot tub. The Woodpecker is also newly en-suite.
Activities250-acre Congham Heath is practically this campsite's back garden. Footpaths run through the common (and cycle trails) and just down the road (a short stroll) there is also Grimston Warren and Roydon Common, beautiful heathland restoration projects that house a mosaic of habitats and wildlife. Thread them together in a pleasant walk, stopping off in Grimston village for a drink (see food & drink). If you do fancy using the car, it's a 20–30-minute drive to the beaches of the north Norfolk coast. Stop off on the way at the Queen's Sandringham Estate (01485 545400; 10 minute's from the campsite).
Food & DrinkThe Three Horse Shoes in Grimston is the nearest pub, a proper old establishment with local Norfolk ales, but there are a host of other options within easy reach. Enjoy the duck ponds in Great Massingham with a pint out the front of The Dabbling Duck (01485 520827) or feast on the hearty meals at The Rose & Crown (01485 521807) in Little Massingham. There are two more spots in Roydon – The Anvill Inn (01485 600625) and The Three Horseshoes (01485 600666) – which are worth an afternoon stop when walking the local heaths. Welcome hampers and pre-organised food options are also available at the campsite by request.
There is a bus route through Grimston and Massingham and the site owners can arrange pick ups from there. Taxi's available from Kings Lynn train station (0845 748 4950; 15 minute's away). There is a very good line to London Kings Cross from there.