1956 Airstream Bubble
- Sleeps 2 (max 2 adults, 1 children)
- Editor's Pick
- Cooking facilities
- Beds Provided
- Bed Linen Provided
- Towels Provided
- Private Bathroom
- Breakfast included
- A 1956 Airstream Bubble caravan parked on its own deck
- Easy glamping with shared use of luxury bathrooms
- One of just four caravans in a small woodland site where campfires are allowed
The Owner Says
A small but perfectly formed Airstream, lovingly restored with comfy bed, dining area, hob, grill, sink & toilet. This 1956 Airstream Bubble sleeps two on a rather comfy memory foam mattress with all bedding and towels provided. It has a fully-equipped micro kitchen with a three-ring gas hob, small fridge, kettle and small grill. It also features a small wardrobe and overhead cupboard, dining area, oil filled radiator for really chilly nights, electricity via UK plug sockets, travel hairdryer, DAB radio with iPod cable, torches and chemical toilet for night time emergencies.
Outside the van is a decking area with a picnic bench and a fire pit (logs available).SHARED FACILITIES WITH THREE OTHER CARAVANS
- For summer 2020, in line with government guidelines, bathrooms and time slots will be allocated to specific caravans. These will be cleaned frequently throughout the day and guests are asked to wipe down before and after each use with products provided.
Our Coronavirus Booking Guarantee
Book with complete confidence at Tin Can Camping with the Glampingly Coronavirus Booking Guarantee. We guarantee the following clear policy for your booking:
- A low deposit of 30% to secure your booking
- Balance due 30 days before your holiday
- Complete flexibility to move bookings up to the end of 2021 in the event of Coronavirus restrictions
- Due to the flexibility provided we are unable to offer refunds
- This guarantee supersedes any other policies
Features & Facilities
All 4 vintage glamping units have been beautifully restored and have many retro Americana accents and furnishings along with modern essentials. Each has a small chemical toilet, fridge, hobs and oven or grill on board, electric heater, radios, hairdryers, linen and towels, plus a voucher for the local farm shop. In the 'Camp HQ' and Cart Shed the bathrooms boast luxury hotel style showers and facilities. Outside there are charcoal BBQs, firepits (logs available to buy) and picnic benches.
For 2020, due to Covid19, the site has introduced changes to shared facilities and check-in process to reduce the risk of spreading any potential virus. The kitchen, pool table etc will no longer be available and facilities will be split between caravans with time slots given.
It's a short drive (or long cycle) to the Norfolk Broadswhere you can hire boats for the day or dabble around in a canoe, while the coast is around 40 minutes by car – Southwold is probably the closest coastal town. Explore the pretty harbour or try your luck out on the famous pier. Recently revamped and renovated, it, too, is delightfully retro with deliberately low key attractions. It takes 5 minutes from the campsite to reach the beautiful market town of Loddon, home to a magnificent parish church cutting a n imposing presence off the main square. Pop your head in and take a look. It's 10 minutes further to Bungay, built within a meander of the River Waveney and home to several great gastro pubs (see food & drink).
Food & Drink
Guests are supplied with a voucher for a local farm shop (we can no longer offer breakfast goodies as part of our Covid Secure measures). A welcome pack will be issued before arrival with plenty of recommendations of where to eat nearby.
Trains from London Liverpool St to Norwich are direct and take 1 hour 50 minutes. Taxi's can be taken from Norwich station to the campsite (20-25 mins) and cost £18 if pre-booked.