- Premium luxury camping pod with contemporary kitchenette and ensuite shower room
- Toast marshmallows over an open fire or barbecue under the stars
- Wonderfully positioned offering countryside views
The Owner Says
- Double bed with pocket-sprung mattress, complete with feather and down duvet and pillows and crisp bedding.
- Large double sofa bed (with bedding stowed away when booked for more than two)
- Ensuite shower room with enclosed shower, toilet, basin, heated towel rail and a towel bundle
- Contemporary kitchenette with hob, hot running water, large fridge (with ice box), microwave, kettle, toaster and Tassimo coffee machine
- Crockery, cutlery, glasses, plastic glasses, saucepan, frying pan, knives, bottle opener and corkscrew, tin opener, wooden spoon, tongs, whisk, chopping boards, non-slip tray
- Folding wooden table and four stowaway chairs
- Free Wifi
- Smart TV with Netflix
- Eco-friendly cleaning products
- Heating, LED lighting, power and USB sockets, secure double glazing, thick rug, curtains and blind, smoke alarm
- Hair dryer
- Fly screen door
- Wooden deck with private flagged outdoor area to the side of the pod
- Cast iron fire bowl with poker and grill for use as a fire pit or barbecue - one trug of logs provided
- Outdoor dining table and chairs
- Two foldaway deckchairs
- Designated parking space
Our Coronavirus Booking Guarantee
Book with complete confidence at Peaks and Pods with the Glampingly Coronavirus Booking Guarantee. We guarantee the following clear policy for your booking:
- A low deposit of 30% to secure your booking
- Balance due 30 days before your holiday
- Complete flexibility to move bookings up to the end of 2021 in the event of Coronavirus restrictions
- Due to the flexibility provided we are unable to offer refunds
- This guarantee supersedes any other policies
Features & Facilities
ActivitiesIt's just five miles to Gisburn Forest, a Mecca for mountain bikers, perfect for an adrenaline-packed ride or a family-friendly pedal. Most trails start from Gisburn Forest Hub (01200 446747) with car park, toilets, picnic area and café. While you're there, a walk round the beautiful reservoir is a must. Excellent local market towns include Settle, Clitheroe, Skipton and Kirkby Lonsdale – all only a short journey away. Hop aboard a waggon on the Settle-Carlisle Railway (01729 825888) – England's most scenic train line is the claim – or take on the famous walking routes around Malham Cove and Tarn, where you can hop across the unique limestone rocks like a bug on giant puzzle pieces. The most hardy walkers can take on the Yorkshire Three Peaks (in a day) – Whernside, Ingleborough and Penyghent – enjoying Ribblehead Viaduct en route (a worthy landmark to walk to in itself).
Food & Drink
Site ReviewsAdd Your Review
Be the first to leave a review!
From the north: From the M6 follow the A65 south, past Kirkby Lonsdale, towards Skipton for approx 16 miles. Travel down Settle bypass, past Giggleswick railway station and the Craven Arms, and take a right turn off the bypass towards Rathmell. Turn right up Hesley Lane and continue for just under 2 miles. It’s a single track road and it will take you up the hill towards Peaks and Pods. Keep to the left and at the top of the hill you will go over a cattle grid and see a wind turbine. Take the second track on your left.
From the south: From the A59 or the A56 (depending on the direction you are coming from) follow signs towards Wigglesworth. In Wigglesworth, at The Plough, turn towards Rathmell and Settle. In Rathmell, turn left up Hesley Lane, opposite the church, and continue for 2 miles up the hill, along a single track road. Keep to the left, then at the top of the hill go over a cattle grid and see a wind turbine. Take the 2nd entrance on your left signposted ‘Peaks and Pods’.
The nearest bus stops are at Rathmell and Tosside (both 1½ miles in either direction), and the nearest train stations are at Giggleswick (4 miles) (0845 748 4950) and Settle (5 miles) (0845 748 4950).