- Wooden double bed with wonderful pocket-sprung mattress, topped with a feather and down duvet and Orla Kiely bedding
- Private shower room just a few steps from your door - perfect to enjoy an instant shower with limitless hot water
- Toast marshmallows over the fire pit on your patio - the kiln-dried wood's included
The Owner Says
Here's what you'll find at Buckhaw Brow:
- Private hot tub with jets and LED lighting
- Cast iron fire bowl for use as a fire pit or barbecue with grill and poker – one trug of logs provided
- Small double sofa bed made in Yorkshire with memory foam mattress (4ft wide) - perfect for two children. There's bedding for the sofa bed if you book for more than two guests.
- Private shower room (a few steps from the pod) with shower, toilet, basin, mirror, heated towel rail, shaving point and a bundle of towels - two bath towels and two hand towels.
- Contemporary kitchenette with two-ring hob, hot running water, fridge (with ice box), microwave, kettle, toaster and Tassimo coffee machine
- Folding wooden table and four chairs
- Smart TV/DVD with Netflix
- Crockery, cutlery, glasses, plastic glasses, saucepan, frying pan, knives, bottle opener and corkscrew, tin opener, wooden spoon, spatula, tongs, whisk, chopping board, non-slip tray
- Free WiFi
- Eco-friendly cleaning products
- Heating, LED lighting, power and USB sockets, secure double glazing, blackout curtain and blind, smoke alarm
- Hair dryer
- Fly screen door
- Wooden deck with private flagged outdoor area to the side
- Outdoor dining table and chairs
- Wire chairs and two foldaway deckchairs
- Designated parking space
Our Coronavirus Booking Guarantee
Book with complete confidence at Peaks and Pods with the Glampingly Coronavirus Booking Guarantee. We guarantee the following clear policy for your booking:
- A low deposit of 30% to secure your booking
- Balance due 30 days before your holiday
- Complete flexibility to move bookings up to the end of 2021 in the event of Coronavirus restrictions
- Due to the flexibility provided we are unable to offer refunds
- This guarantee supersedes any other policies
Features & Facilities
ActivitiesIt's just five miles to Gisburn Forest, a Mecca for mountain bikers, perfect for an adrenaline-packed ride or a family-friendly pedal. Most trails start from Gisburn Forest Hub (01200 446747) with car park, toilets, picnic area and café. While you're there, a walk round the beautiful reservoir is a must. Excellent local market towns include Settle, Clitheroe, Skipton and Kirkby Lonsdale – all only a short journey away. Hop aboard a waggon on the Settle-Carlisle Railway (01729 825888) – England's most scenic train line is the claim – or take on the famous walking routes around Malham Cove and Tarn, where you can hop across the unique limestone rocks like a bug on giant puzzle pieces. The most hardy walkers can take on the Yorkshire Three Peaks (in a day) – Whernside, Ingleborough and Penyghent – enjoying Ribblehead Viaduct en route (a worthy landmark to walk to in itself).
Food & Drink
Site ReviewsAdd Your Review
Be the first to leave a review!
From the north: From the M6 follow the A65 south, past Kirkby Lonsdale, towards Skipton for approx 16 miles. Travel down Settle bypass, past Giggleswick railway station and the Craven Arms, and take a right turn off the bypass towards Rathmell. Turn right up Hesley Lane and continue for just under 2 miles. It’s a single track road and it will take you up the hill towards Peaks and Pods. Keep to the left and at the top of the hill you will go over a cattle grid and see a wind turbine. Take the second track on your left.
From the south: From the A59 or the A56 (depending on the direction you are coming from) follow signs towards Wigglesworth. In Wigglesworth, at The Plough, turn towards Rathmell and Settle. In Rathmell, turn left up Hesley Lane, opposite the church, and continue for 2 miles up the hill, along a single track road. Keep to the left, then at the top of the hill go over a cattle grid and see a wind turbine. Take the 2nd entrance on your left signposted ‘Peaks and Pods’.
The nearest bus stops are at Rathmell and Tosside (both 1½ miles in either direction), and the nearest train stations are at Giggleswick (4 miles) (0845 748 4950) and Settle (5 miles) (0845 748 4950).