The Owner Says
There are two single and one double futon sofa beds which can be folded away in the day to make a pleasant seating area. The single sofa beds can also be pushed together to make a 2nd double. We can also provide an air bed for a 5th person if necessary. We provide comfy feather duvets, pillows and sheets.
- Wood burning stoves to keep you cosy
- Raised wooden floors covered in thick woollen rugs
- A well-equipped kitchen, so you can dine in style
- Gas hobs and grill (no extra charges for gas)
- Games box retro and new for when it’s just too comfortable to go outside
- Comfortable futon style beds
- Large central skylight – perfect for star gazing when the lights go out
Our Coronavirus Booking Guarantee
Book with complete confidence at Inside Out Camping with the Glampingly Coronavirus Booking Guarantee. We guarantee the following clear policy for your booking:
- A low deposit of 30% to secure your booking
- Balance due 30 days before your holiday
- Complete flexibility to move bookings up to the end of 2021 in the event of Coronavirus restrictions
- Due to the flexibility provided we are unable to offer refunds
- This guarantee supersedes any other policies
Features & Facilities
Yurts are 16ft and can comfortably accommodate 5 people, with 2 single beds (can be pushed together as a double), a double futon bed (folded away into a sofa by day) and an air bed for the fifth person. Wood-burning stove, raised wooden floors and rugs, well-equipped kitchen (gas hobs, grill, utensils) . Toilets and washing up sinks are a couple of minutes away, though it’s a longer walk (5 mins) for a hot shower. It’s National Trust land – so no campfires, though each yurt has a BBQ. Mobile phone signal can be very patchy!
ActivitiesSeatoller Farm is handy for serious climbs up Scafell Pike, Great Gable and others. The major town of Keswick (market days on Thursday and Saturday) is 5 miles up the road (there’s a regular bus), and there are cruise-launch piers all around nearby Derwent Water (017687 77263) so you can leave the car at the campsites for the duration.
Food & Drink
Grange Bridge Cottage Tea Shop (017687 77201) is perfect for riverside teas and lunches, and no less than Prince Charles is a regular visitor to the Flock-In café and farm-shop at Rosthwaite’s Yew Tree Farm (017687 77675). Best valley pub is the Riverside Bar at the Scafell Hotel, also in Rosthwaite – you can walk from either site, but take a torch for the journey back.
Site ReviewsAdd Your Review
Be the first to leave a review!
From Keswick, take the B5289 south to Borrowdale, along the shores of Derwent Water, and beyond for approx 7½ miles. You will drive past the Scafell Inn at Rosthwaite. Before you are in Seatoller, make a left turn for Seathwaite. The yurts are in the campsite field (on the left) immediately after a small bridge, only 10m from the junction. You should see them easily from the road.
There is a bus from Keswick (78) that runs up and down the Borrowdale Valley. The bus stop is a few mins walk from the yurts.