- Private en-suite bathroom
- Full integral kitchen with all the essential equipment you need
- Tall design allows for full-size french doors so you don't need to stoop
The Owner Says
The tall design allows for full size french doors so you don't need to stoop. The picture windows are over 2 metres wide and give you a great view as they are made of a scratch-resistant polymer but it's 30 mm thickness ensures your visibility is not distorted. Most yurts in the UK have solid doors and do not have windows but we believe natural light and a clear view are really important to your holiday experience. The windows in the bathroom and downstairs bedroom open fully.
The fabric of the yurt is vinyl coated polyester and the internal liner is made of eagle army duck canvas. Two layers of insulation will also ensure you're cool in the sun and warm in the night or in seasonal weather.
Above you are beautifully crafted Douglas Fir rafters leading to the central compression ring with the clear dome to the sky. Perfect for viewing the stars!
You'll instantly feel at home in our clean, comfortable yurt. We provide towels, linens, duvets, pillows, dishes, cutlery and crockery — all the amenities you need for a relaxing retreat.
What is included in your booking:
- Full integral bathroom with flushing toilet and shower with plenty of hot water including complimentary products and towels
- Full integral kitchen with washer/drier, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, microwave, oven & hob with extractor, toaster and kettle
- A ground floor bedroom with Superking Hypnos Bed
- A galleried first floor bedroom with 3 single Hypnos mattresses or this can be arranged as a Superking mattress and a single
- 2 sumptuous Sofa Workshop sofas
- Dining table and chairs for 6
- Use of hot tub
- Outside dining set with 6 chairs with integral fire pit/barbeque/ice bucket
- Electric heaters and a flame effect fire to provide a cosy feel
- TV / DVD player
- Satellite receiver allowing access to Free View channels
- Selection of DVDs, books & board games
- and more
Features & FacilitiesBoth yurts have a bedroom with a super-king-sized bed downstairs and a mezzanine bedroom upstairs accommodating up to 3 people. Travel cots on request. Towels and bed-linen provided. Each yurt kitchen includes toaster, kettle, oven, hob, microwave, washer/dryer, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, plus all pots, crockery and cutlery. Yurt living spaces include a dining table that seats up to 6, electric heaters and flame-effect fire, a TV with DVD player and selection of DVDs, games and books for rainy days – and a hot tub at each yurt for sunny ones! Proper bathrooms with underfloor heating, shower and flushing loo in each yurt. Firepit and BBQ outside.
East Hoathly village is 3km away and has a shop and post office, a hairdressers, a café and a pair of decent pubs. There is a park with a children's playground and the village cricket team can be found playing there on a Sunday afternoon. Further afield, Bentley Wildfowl and Motor Museum (01825 840573) is a multi-faceted family attraction, just 10 minutes away by car, while Sheffield Park, north of Uckfield, is a magnificent National Trust garden, from where steam trains run to East Grinstead on the Bluebell Railway (01825 720800). If it's raining, you might consider a trip to the Jacobean mansion of Rudyard Kipling, Bateman's, in nearby Burwash.
Food & DrinkThe family's own Offham Farm Shop (01273 478265) does great meat for BBQs. The local pub is The KIng's Head (01825 840238) in East Hoathly. This historic CAMRA-approved watering hole (dating back to 1648) boasts a fine selection of ales (courtesy of the brewery next door) and a decent menu of pub grub favourites. The Star Inn at Waldron (01435 812495) is another antiquated gem of a pub with a beautiful beer garden to boot. Not to be confused, The Star Inn (01435 863570) in Old Heathfield is well worth a visit too, as is The Black Duck (01435 830636) in Warbelton.
Site ReviewsAdd Your Review
Be the first to leave a review!