Family-sized yurt on the Cornish coast
- Sleeps 5 (max 5 adults, 4 children)
- Cooking facilities
- Beds Provided
- Bed Linen Provided
- Comfy beds and luxury bedding included
- Unwind in the wood-fired hot tub
- Toast marshmallows over the firepit
The Owner Says
- Yurts are spacious and comfortable
- Furnished with cushions and kilim rugs on wooden floors
- Each yurt has a double bed and two/three single cotton futons
- A wood burning stove keeps the yurt cosy on chilly evenings
- Each yurt has its own outside wooden deck area
- Each yurt has its own authentic fire pit and tripod stand
- Duvets, pillows and bed linen are provided
- Each yurt has it’s own authentic fire pit where you are welcome to have campfires, toast marshmallows or even cook your evening meal over an open fire.
Bathroom facilities are housed in a listed granary which include hot showers, flushing loos and wash basins.
Each kitchen is shared between 2 yurts and includes Camping gas stoves, A fridge for each yurt, Microwave, Electric toaster, Electric kettle, Crockery, cutlery, utensils, pots and pans Tea towels, pot scourers, dish clothes, and washing up liquid. There is a charcoal and gas BBQ available outside. Alternatively you can cook over an open fire.
Features & FacilitiesCampfires allowed in pits. There’s a restored barn with a full modern kitchen facilities including fridge and microwave, spick and span toilets and hot showers, plus table tennis, indoor badminton and volleyball and a wood-fired hot tub. Gas & charcoal BBQ’s are also available for outside. Pizza oven for guests to use.
Seeing as you’re right near Polkerris Beach, get water happy with a bit of sailing, windsurfing, powerboating and more at the nearby Polkerris Beach Company (01726 813306). Otherwise grab your hiking boots and get exploring The South West Coast Path. For a bit of Cornish culture, take a stroll down the narrow winding streets of Fowey Old Town, and browse the many individual galleries and shops.
Food & Drink
There are pork chops, sausages, bacon, and eggs; apple juice and sometimes cider available from the farmhouse; and milk and bread can be pre-ordered from the milkman. If you fancy a night away with the kiddies take them to Sam’s (01726 832273), an American bistro in Fowey, which also has a place at Polkerris Beach (01726 812255).
Bus no. 573 goes from Liskeard to Polperro, from where the Polruan Bus Service no. 281 will take you to within about ¼ mile of the site. .