The Owner Says
Located in a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty with views over the tumbling hills to the sea beyond, Mapperton Camps provides a haven of calm and an opportunity to reconnect with the wonders of our natural world.
Our tents are based at Coltleigh, a 200 acre area within Mapperton Estate which has recently been handed back to nature. A small herd of White Park cattle – an ancient English breed – now roam the local pasture, while a profusion of birds, butterflies and wildflowers adorn the landscape.
The 6 metre tents are spacious and contain many home comforts, including a hand-built king size bed made with locally sourced wood, Egyptian cotton linen, a wood burner for chillier evenings, a cool box, board games, carefully selected books, as well as an outside fire pit for camp side cooking and extra warmth. There is excellent 4G mobile signal, and each tent also has its own compost lavatory and hot shower unit.
- Welcome pack, including fresh eggs, milk and bread
- King size bed with luxury Egyptian cotton linen, four pillows and duvet
- Bath towels and hand towels
- Biodegradable soap and shampoo
- Crockery, cutlery, glassware, bread board and knife
- Cool box and ice pack
- Washing up bowl, scourer, dish cloth and tea towel
- Stove-top kettle and a Bialetti coffee-maker
- Torch and lantern
- Private shower and compost lavatory, including washing up area
- Woodburner stove in tent
- Firepit for warmth and cooking
- Initial crate of wood and kindling (more available for purchase)
- Firelighters and lighter
- Fire extinguisher
- Board games and cards
- Additional camp bed if required (£25 extra per night, please bring sleeping bag)
- Free tickets to Mapperton Gardens
Our Coronavirus Booking Guarantee
Book with complete confidence at Mapperton Camps with the Glampingly Coronavirus Booking Guarantee. We guarantee the following clear policy for your booking:
- A low deposit of 30% to secure your booking
- Balance not due until 30 days before your holiday, in case of late changes to Coronavirus guidance
- Complete flexibility to move bookings up to the end of 2021 in the event of Coronavirus restrictions
- In the event of a lack of 2021 availability, switch your dates to 2022
- Due to low deposit and late balance payment, no refunds are offered
Features & Facilities
You can walk across the paths at Coltleigh and explore its extraordinary biodiversity. Or you can amble down the hill to Mapperton House & Gardens and visit the Coach House café. The Jurassic Coast is only fifteen minutes away, and there are numerous outstanding pubs and restaurants within just a few minutes drive.
The 6 metre tents are spacious and contain many home comforts, including a hand-built king size bed made with locally sourced wood, Egyptian cotton linen, a wood burner for chillier evenings, a cool box, board games, carefully selected books, as well as an outside fire pit for camp side cooking and extra warmth. There is excellent 4G signal, and each tent also has its own compost lavatory and hot shower unit.
Mapperton Camps is located in West Dorset on the ancient farm of Coltleigh, two miles from the quiet market town of Beaminster, and six miles from fashionable Bridport. The Jurassic Coast, with its long pebble beaches and dramatic golden cliffs, is only seven miles away
- Hike across Mapperton Estate, including the rewilded Coltleigh Farm
- Visit Mapperton House & Gardens, and the Coach House café
- Visit the local town of Beaminster, with its two outstanding restaurants Brassica and The Ollerod
- Explore the Jurassic Coast, starting at West Bay harbour and walking along the cliff path to Eype or Burton Bradstock
- Meander through the stalls of Bridport market on Saturday mornings
- Visit Symondsbury Estate with its farm shop, café, bike trails and boutiques
Food & DrinkGuests will be spoilt with many fantastic places to eat and drink in the local area. Outstanding restaurants within five miles include Brassica and The Ollerod in the lovely market town of Beaminster.
Site ReviewsAdd Your Review
Be the first to leave a review!
Mapperton Camps is located at Coltleigh Farm, Mapperton, Beaminster, Dorset DT8 3NR.
Turn off the B3163 towards Mapperton, then follow the road for half a mile until it bends sharply to the right. On the bend turn left up the hill and follow the road for another half mile until you see a sign saying Mapperton Camps. Turn into the field and park at the top.The nearest train stations are Crewkerne (20 minutes) and Dorchester South (35 minutes).