A tastefully finished Bell Tent
- Take in the remarkable views across the rolling hills of the stunning Dorset countryside
- Toast marshmallows on your roaring fire pit, under a sea of twinkling fairy lights
- Enjoy the added bonus of hot shower facilities and proper flushing toilets!
The Owner Says
Our Coronavirus Booking Guarantee
Book with complete confidence at Gold Hill Glamping with the Glampingly Coronavirus Booking Guarantee. We guarantee the following clear policy for your booking:
- A low deposit of 30% to secure your booking
- Balance not due until 30 days before your holiday, in case of late changes to Coronavirus guidance
- Complete flexibility to move bookings up to the end of 2021 in the event of Coronavirus restrictions
- In the event of a lack of 2021 availability, switch your dates to 2022
- Due to low deposit and late balance payment, no refunds are offered
Features & FacilitiesAs a working dairy farm, there are lots of cows to be seen. Our younger visitors greatly enjoyed watching them coming in for twice daily milking. Guests are welcome to come and watch the cows being milked by prior arrangement and to gain an understanding of where their milk comes from. We also have gentle farm ponies that like a stroke and a cuddle and guests are welcome to help to brush them if they choose. We have an abundance of space here and there is a public footpath walk right through the farm.
ActivitiesWe love the abundance of wildlife that abides at Goldhill Glamping. Hare, deer and owls are regularly seen and heard throughout the seasons. Ideally located in the scenic Dorset countryside, Gold Hill Glamping is surrounded by woodland. There are lots of things to do in the area and there are many idyllic walks directly from the bell tent. There is also a ‘secret’ forest school play area, a short walk from the glamping fields. Truly stunning in bluebell season (end of April / early May) and rather beautiful all year round. Children can play in the mud kitchen, paddle in the tiny stream, or play hide and seek in the dens. There are also a few fairy doors hidden in the trees and rope tree swings for the more adventurous. This little forest used to be a forest school, but is now available exclusively for our glampers to enjoy. The views from the farm are truly splendid over the rolling Dorset hills. We particularly love evenings at Gold Hill Glamping which may be enjoyed around the firepit, barbequing, toasting marshmallows and enjoying the star filled sky. We recommend ending the evening by snuggling up in the fairy lit tent, gazing out at the scenery, as the dusk welcomes the stars.
Food & DrinkWe recommend the Fontmell Inn, which is in Fontmell Magna, a few minutes drive away. We also highly recommend the Cricketers Pub in nearby Shroton about a 10 minutes drive away. Shaftesbury has several lovely cafes / pubs to eat in. We can recommend the Grosvenor in Shaftesbury and The Salt Cellar cafe, which is nestled at the top of the famous Goldhill and was a backdrop for the well known Hovis advert.
Site ReviewsAdd Your Review
Be the first to leave a review!