- Real beds with bedding for cosy sleeping around the yurt's wood-burning stove
- Picnic table, BBQ and firepit outside for al fresco cooking and dining
- Of the six yurts on this farm site, Daisy is closest to the private wetrooms
The Owner Says
- Crisp white linen sheets and fluffy towels.
- Free wood for your wood burning stove and the fire pit for the duration of your stay. Wood for the pizza oven will be charged as an extra if used for private hire.
- The key to your own private shower room in the Old Haybarn, exclusively yours for the whole of your stay. Beautifully tiled, spacious and complete with under-floor heating. It has a spacious shower area, toilet, vanity units with cupboards and hand dryers. The Old Haybarn is a maximum of a one minute walk from any yurt.
- Your own individual fridge in The Old Haybarn.
- Use of a spacious modern kitchen with ovens, hobs and microwaves, fully equipped with pots, pans and utensils. Perfect for preparing anything from tea and toast to a hearty breakfast!
- Communal lounge and dining area in the The Old Haybarn, with toys, games and a TV.
- Outdoor play areas for the children, with swings, slides, wendy houses and a trampoline.
- Indoor games room with table tennis and pool.
- Travel cots and highchairs can be provided on request for a small additional charge. We just ask you to bring your own cot linen.
- We are able to organise pizza evenings at a very reasonable cost, if you don’t feel like cooking or going out to eat. Just tell us about your favourite toppings.
Our Coronavirus Booking Guarantee
Book with complete confidence at Caalm Camp with the Glampingly Coronavirus Booking Guarantee. We guarantee the following clear policy for your booking:
- A low deposit of 30% to secure your booking
- Balance not due until 30 days before your holiday, in case of late changes to Coronavirus guidance
- Complete flexibility to move bookings up to the end of 2021 in the event of Coronavirus restrictions
- In the event of a lack of 2021 availability, switch your dates to 2022
- Due to low deposit and late balance payment, no refunds are offered
Features & Facilities
Each yurt has its own dedicated wet room in the The Old Hay Barn, with flushing toilet, shower and a vanity unit for storing your toiletries. Towels provided. Table tennis, pool table and wi-fi are available. The Old Hay Barn houses a well-equipped modern kitchen, with plenty of cooking utensils provided. Each yurt also has its own fridge. Relaxing therapy treatment sessions in your yurt by expert Pauline Elsworth can also be booked in advance. There is plenty of room for football or bike riding along with many fantastic walks in the area (particularly Duncliff Woods in the spring with its famous bluebells). Wild animals range from rabbits to buzzards, along with deer in the neighbouring fields and frogs that like to hop into the lobby.
Along with the bounty of local walks, there is a 15 mile cycle trail along the old railway line 5 miles from camp. Todber Manor Fishing Lakes (01258 820384) are in the nearest village for keen anglers, while two equestrian centres, Pippin’s Equestrian (01747 822997) and Pevlings Farm (01963 370990) are close at hand for those hoping to hack through rolling countryside. Shaftesbury (01747 853514) is perhaps the most obvious nearby attraction, a delightful town with a small museum (01747 852157) and St Peters Church, a standing reminder of its medieval magnificence when it boasted a castle, twelve churches and four market crosses. Further afield Sherborne in Dorset, is famous for its abbey (01935 812452) and castle (01935 812072), while Stonehenge (08703 331181) and Salisbury offer more culture and history. The fabulous coast of South Dorset is also an hour away.
Food & Drink
The Udder Farm Shop (01747 838899) is 1.5 miles away, while, closer still, The Kings Arms (01747 838325) serves excellent food. The nearest village shop lies a couple miles away in Marnhull. A local independent supermarket and deli, Dike & Son (01963 362204) in Stalbridge, does a home delivery service. Either phone and book delivery in advance, or cycle to the shop.
Site ReviewsAdd Your Review
Be the first to leave a review!
From London or Exeter, turn off the A303 at Chicklade and follow the A350 to Shaftesbury. At Shaftesbury, take the A30 direction Yeovil and after approx 3 miles, turn left at the Kings Arms. Go to the end of this road and at the T junction turn right. Continue for a third of a mile through a narrow cutting and as it opens up and you will see Goods Farm on the left, opposite a Royal Mail brick post box.
South West Trains (08456 000650) run an hourly service to Gillingham (08457 484950) from London Waterloo (08457 484950) and Exeter (08457 484950).