Large Tipi 5
The Owner Says
The large tipi has plenty of space for 5 people. There is 1 king-sized bed and 3x singles.
- Shared bathroom facilities (showers and toilets)
- Shared kitchen facilities
- Bed linen (Sheets + Duvet + Blankets) and Towels included.
- Comfortable beds and pillows: King size bed + Single beds
- Handmade furniture
- Electricity/power supply
- Running water
- NO wifi and poor mobile service – how relaxing does it sound?
- Complimentary tea + kettle
- The tipi is lit with lights and fairy lights at night
- Indoor heater – don’t worry it will be warm
- Extra blankets
- Private outside seating areas
- BBQ / fire-pit (per tipi)
- Cooking Utensils (Cutleries, plates, glasses and mugs)
- Camping stove with pots and pans
- Outdoor Cinema (Projector + movies + screen) – please give notice if you’d like to use it.
Our Coronavirus Booking Guarantee
Book with complete confidence at White House on Wye Glamping with the Glampingly Coronavirus Booking Guarantee. We guarantee the following clear policy for your booking:
- A low deposit of 30% to secure your booking
- Balance due 30 days before your holiday
- Complete flexibility to move bookings up to the end of 2021 in the event of Coronavirus restrictions
- Due to the flexibility provided we are unable to offer refunds
- This guarantee supersedes any other policies
Features & FacilitiesThe tipis feature a king-sized bed and either 2 or 3 single beds depending on the size of tipi booked (bedding, linen and towels provided), plus electricity, a kettle (and complimentary tea), candles, torches, night-lights, an indoor fireplace heaters and cooking utensils. Eating area outside with handmade furniture and a BBQ. Easy access to a private shower and toilet block. River (with pebble beach) and fishing permitted. There is also the chance to use the outdoor cinema area (a projector, screen and selection of movies for you use).
Footpaths aplenty on the doorstep. If it's views you're after, the route from Black Hill to Hay Bluff takes some topping or immerse yourself fully in the surroundings by renting a canoe with Canoe the Wye (01600 891100) and drifting down the river itself. Head into Hereford or Ross-on-Wye for independent shops and townie delights – cafés, restaurants, cider museums and more – or visit Goodrich Castle (01600 890538), a stunning ruin just south west of Ross, with roll-downable grassy banks and towers to climb. Puzzlewood (01594 833187) in the Forest of Dean has an indoor wood puzzle maze and animals to pet for rainy days. When sun comes out, explore its 15 acres of moss-covered paths, said to be J.R.R. Tolkien’s inspiration for The Lord of the Rings.
Food & DrinkThere's nothing quite on the doorstep, but cast your net around 4 or 5 miles from the glamping site and there are heaps of options. The nearest pub is the New Harp in Hoarsworthy (4 miles; 01432 840900), closely followed by the Moody Cow in the opposite direction (4 miles; 01989 780470). The Crown at Woolhope (5 miles; 01432 860468), though, is especially recommended by Richard at White House Farm. For restaurants, try the No. 3 Restaurant in Ross-on-Wye (6 miles; 01989 564997) and Shack Revolution (10 miles; 01432 509464) or The Beefy Boys (01432 359209) in Hereford. Finally, for general goods, drive the 4½ miles to Fownhope village where there is a decent butchers and corner shop.
Site ReviewsAdd Your Review
Be the first to leave a review!
From Ross-on-Wye (or the M50) Take the A449 towards Hereford. Keep following this until you reach the B4224. Follow the B4224 for around 1 mile until you see the sign for How Caple Court. Turn down this road (following the sign) and follow the lane for 1 mile until you start to go down into a valley. Pass the small brook and the entrance to White House Farm will be on the left just before a phone box. The nearest train stations are in Hereford (11 miles), Ledbury (10 miles) and Gloucester (19 miles).