The Long Lost Railway Carriage
- Sleeps 4 (max 2 adults, 3 children)
- Cooking facilities
- Beds Provided
- Bed Linen Not Included
- Devonshire made wood-burning stove and sheep's wool insulation to keep you snug
- Complimentary welcome basket of eggs and vegetables from the farm
- Sit around the campfire in this little sun-trap as butterflies and bees enjoy the sedum roof
The Owner Says
Our Coronavirus Booking Guarantee
Book with complete confidence at The Yurt Farm with the Glampingly Coronavirus Booking Guarantee. We guarantee the following clear policy for your booking:
- A low deposit of 20% to secure your booking
- Balance due 10 days before your holiday
- Complete flexibility to move bookings for up to 18 months in the event of Coronavirus restrictions
- Due to the flexibility provided we are unable to offer refunds
- This guarantee supersedes any other policies
Features & Facilities
The cedar-lined train carriage features an organic king-sized bed, basic cooking equipment, including a gas hob, a basket of farm goodies, a wood-burning stove plus logs and kindling. Outside, there’s a BBQ or fire pit and a picnic table. Next door is the compost loo and solar shower. An extra cabin has a pizza oven, a well-equipped kitchen, wood-burning stove and a comfy sofa. Here you’ll find games, books, maps, outdoor cooking gear and a charging point. There’s also a sand-pit, swing, a woodshed yurt for extra firewood and an ‘honesty’ farm shop with meat, veg and jam for sale.
One of the highlights of the area is watching the famous dolphins of Cardigan Bay. You can get a boat from nearby Newquay. Details of a whole raft of days out can be found in the cabin, including Oakwood Theme Park (01834 891376) which is around an hour's drive away. Dolaucothi Gold Mines (01558 825146) where you can try your hand at panning for gold; useful if you’re planning an extravagant meal at the Harbourmaster Hotel.
Food & Drink
Just over 3 miles away is the traditional Rhos Yr Hafod Inn (01974 272644) at Cross Inn with the tiny windows, thick walls, crackling fires and decorated oak beams that all old pubs should have. Foodies will want to head a bit further to Aberaeron harbour and the delightful Harbourmaster Hotel (01545 570 755). For an open fire, great ale and food go to Y Talbot (01974 298208) in Tregaron.
The site is about 10 miles east of Aberaeron on the A487 and then the B4577 near Penuwch. Full directions are supplied on booking.
Pick-ups can be organised if arriving by train or bus at Aberystwyth, Aberaeron, Lampeter or Tregaron.