Spiggy Holes Summerhouse
- Insulated with FAR Infared heating keep you toasty
- Fully serviced compact kitchen area, and immaculately clean en-suite shower room.
- Latest Simploo composting toilet saves a ton of water.
- All grey water is collected and recycled for use at Hillcroft, mainly for summer watering and maintaining the area.
- Decking area front and at the rear with direct access in to the copse.
The Owner Says
Spiggy Holes is located in the coastal area off Pembrokeshire National Park just minutes from the beach. An exceptional private space for relaxation and is complete with everything you may need on your time away from home. If you want to unwind, relax and be rejuvenated, Spiggy Holes is exactly whats on offer for those needs and more.
It is located at our home, Hillcroft, and this is in a rural area in the coastal area near to the Pembrokeshire National Park just minutes from the beach at Newgale. Enjoy dark skies experiences at Hillcroft, the stunning star lit skies are there for you to enjoy when cloud cover permits. Check for special events and festivals, a lot happens in this area.
There is a working farm across the road, mainly dairy cows as well as arable farming. It is a wonderful farming area, plenty of wildlife and wonderful views. Ideal area for walking, especially the coastal path which you can access approx a mile and a half walk from Hillcroft and for cycling.The Summerhouse is fairly straight forward. We provide a house book for you with useful hints and information.
Spiggy Holes has a living space, ensuite bathroom and the kitchen is in a self contained area, all fairly straight forward:
As you enter
- Electricity and water, including hot water will be turned on for you.
- We provide logs and fire lighting essentials for you.
Electric underfloor heating
- This is located in the main cabin area and ensuite.
The dining table and seating
- The table and chairs can be used inside or out.
- Bedding and towels are provided.
- The day bed will be made up with the quilt on it. Add extra pillows, if required, and get yourself installed!
The kitchen area
- Mini Oven With grill and two hobs. Electric kettle provided. Belfast style sink.
- Fridge Will be switched on. There will be milk and other items you may find of use.
- There is a small compost bin for all food waste, a bin for other waste and a metal bin is also provided outside at the top of the path for recycling plastics/paper/glass. You will note that we do not use bin bags because we are looking to reduce our plastic usage. All the bins have washable insides (plastic! Hey ho!) if you prefer bin bags please let us know.
- Spiggy Holes uses a grey water collection system. The loo is a Simploo composting toilet, saving on water and is a delight to use, if not a little unnerving if you have never used one before. Saying that you soon get the hang of it. This system will not manage sanitary products, wipes or paper towels, Q-tips or cotton balls, hopes and dreams, etc. down the toilet. There is a sanitary bin provided in the bathroom.
- A few essentials are provided shampoo, soap. The wall mirror light is activated by putting your hand under the mirror.
- The shower is fed by a 30ltr hot water tank which limits the shower time to approx. Four minutes at the standard heat setting, after that it gets cool and after 5 minutes you are in to cold shower territory. Tactical showering is recommended, i.e. wetting, soaping, and rinse. There is a hair dryer located in the seating storage nearest the door.
- Candles A citronella is provided and also a scented candle.
- WiFi is limited in the hut, you can access the Wifi closer to the house.
- Outdoor decking areas and a Fire Pit There is a fire pit, feel free to use it if you want to relax outside in the evening and look up at the stars. There are cushions in the basket for the outside chairs, also cosy blankets for your use.
Our Coronavirus Booking Guarantee
Book with complete confidence at Hillcroft Escapes with the Glampingly Coronavirus Booking Guarantee. We guarantee the following clear policy for your booking:
- A low deposit of 30% to secure your booking
- Balance not due until 30 days before your holiday, in case of late changes to Coronavirus guidance
- Complete flexibility to move bookings up to the end of 2021 in the event of Coronavirus restrictions
- In the event of a lack of 2021 availability, switch your dates to 2022
- Due to low deposit and late balance payment, no refunds are offered
Features & FacilitiesBoth the shepherds hut, Y Cwt Cwtch and the Summerhouse, Spiggy Holes are a single, self-contained space with hot water, electricity, either a log fire (wood provided) and an electric heater or FAR Infrared heating . Seating for two and table, double bed (all bedding and linen provided). The compact kitchen spaces feature an oven with grill and 2 hobs, kettle, sink, a fridge (with milk and other essentials) and bins. The en-suite bathroom has a lit mirror, toilet, shower, hair dryer and essential toiletries.
ActivitiesIt's a 30–40 minute walk to Newgale beach, which takes just over 5 minutes in the car. It's no more than a 10-minute drive to the pretty harbour village of Solva and less than 20 minutes to the diminutive 'city' of St Davids. All three are a must during your stay, with St Davids a great choice for an afternoons exploring, finishing at one of the many excellent eateries for dinner. From Newgale it's easy to hop onto the Pembrokeshire Coast Path and walk along the back of the bay to Nolton Haven, where there is another small nook of a beach, with expansive sands at low tide. In the opposite direction, the path brings you round dramatic headlands and bluffs to the harbour of Solva. Using the Puffin bus service makes one-way walks easy, with regular buses running throughout the main summer season (less frequent, but still running, our of peak season). There are heaps of other great beaches all the way around St Bride's Bay and beyond – Broad Haven, Little Haven and Marloes to name a few – making surfing and water sports and obviously popular activity. Newgale has surf shops with equipment for hire, with tuition for surfing, stand-up paddle boarding (SUPing), sea kayaking and wind-surfing.
Food & Drink
If you're down at Newgale beach there are a couple of decent cafés overlooking the sands, along with a pub and a hardware store. The local villages of Roch and Solva have convenience stores and places to eat – try MamGu (01437 454369), The Old Pharmact and Cafe on the Quay by day and The Cambrian Inn, Harbour Inn and the Ship in Solva by night. The Victoria Inn (01437 710426) in Roch for a pint from their own micro brewery, while St Davids is worth the extra couple of minutes in the car if you want more choice. Travel to the Druidstone Hotel (01437 781221), past Newgale, for the best of the views while you dine.
Site ReviewsAdd Your Review
Be the first to leave a review!